Legends of the Autobahn & Monterey 2016

Bav3.5

Reaction score
Just a few pictures from the Monterey 100 years of BMW celebration. Some of the e3's were able to park upfront and center just behind some rare models such as the 507 at Legends of the Autobahn.

The lineup: Tim (Bav3.5), Shane (GolfBavaria), Carl, Mike (OCCoupe)

Reactions: dp

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just a few pictures from the Monterey 100 years of BMW celebration. Some of the e3's were able to park upfront and center just behind some rare models such as the 507 at Legends of the Autobahn.

The lineup: Tim (Bav3.5), Shane (GolfBavaria), Carl, Mike (OCCoupe)

So sick. I'm still just in Ahhhhhhh of everything. Will respond properly when my shock treatment is over!!! Might be a few months..... the shot of your Bavaria badge on the trunk with my car in the back is over the top...very nice photography!

Last edited:

milwaukeesk

Member.
Site Donor
Reaction score
Those pictures are awesome. Thanks for sharing. I'm not sure the pictures make me like my car more or less right now... At a minimum I know I have work to do. To see 2 Bavarias in one place is rare... this is madness.

Bav3.5

Reaction score
The style 5's are the common square 17x8 set up and i'm running 225 x 45's. With the particular tire I have, I'm running a 5mm front spacer to clear the strut. There was plenty of room in the back and I ended up putting a 17.5mm spacer in the rear without rolling the fender at all (it filled out the wheel well without the "stance look", which I wasn't after). This worked with whatever negative rear camber I have at the ride height it is at. However, I think a 15mm spacer would be safer to allow for potential variances in tire with.

Last edited:

TodB

Reaction score
The picture is not showing up for me but I was lusting after the green (agave?) Bav with the gold wheels. Must be a gold wheel thing.

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks great. So now I am torn between staggered or square on the Bav. Because I mounted my Style 32 wheels on the new Euro E28 addition to the garage I would like to go with the Style 5 wheel (RC090) on the Bav but cannot decide between staggered or square 17" wheels.

Votes? (all votes may not be weighted equally...)

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The staggered will look better and provide more of a buffer against oversteer. That buffer, obviously creates a tendency to understeer or plow through corners. A square setup will be more neutral.

On the street the handling trade off is minimal. When I get my e39 on the track with the staggered setup, however, I lose a lot of time in sharper corners.

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. It's really about the look, since I spend zero time on the track with any of the cars. Right now I have my Coupe King Alpinas on the Bav and it looks great but I was really used to the staggered Style 32 wheels that were on there because I liked the wide 9" rear wheels with the 245 tires out back. Also, the Alpinas have to go on the Coupe eventually.

Mike, I know your former 535 had square and it looked great. Staggered is about $800 more for a set so the price does matter.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So Tim I hope you don't mind me posting these on your thread. I have to give Tim credit for a couple things. One is being a great caravan driver. He doesn't hold back and was fun to drive up from Montecito to Monterrey. I think we can both say one of our highlights was passing a group of Mercedes on their way up to the event. Mostly 20+ year newer (1990-1994 ish) 500e's that in their own right would blow our cars away. But they drove them like typical Mercedes drivers which we got a little smirk on face about. They were a fun group though, and great cars don't get me wrong.

2nd is there are a couple of his pics on my Shutterfly site. Me driving on the course obviously and a couple others, o, thanks for those. It was nice meeting everyone else from the board. I just saw Peter C's video of his car he is selling, it is always nice to meet everyone in person such as Peter. One of the highlights was the coupe gathering on Thurs. night and I don't have any pictures but I did see a couple on here. I was too busy pulling beer (I mean soda) out of my jacket. LOL. Inside joke. Anyhow....

Below is a sampling of the weekend..... Festorics, Legends, Pebble combined in no particular order.

Then on this link: https://monterreybmwweek2016.shutterfly.com/ Click on middle tab "pictures and videos." 216 Pictures on the left, videos on the right. There are some cool but real short videos of the M1's, CSL's, Porsche and Ferrari's racing as well. Some too short but still fun to watch. Turn up the volume!

You will find my trip in order of the drive up on the website, events, etc. I always wish I took more pictures but there were simply too many old friends (and new) etc. to mingle with and enjoy the event. If someone has more coupe pics please let me know where to find them. Also love the 02's. I took more of the other cars this time because I don't always see the other stuff as much. But there is a cross section of almost everything. I wish I would have taken more pics of the other marks, but again, time is limited and didn't get around to it. It was the last fun trip of the summer for me and boy did I make the most of it. What a great time. I'm still kind of recovering.

I hope you guys enjoy!

2016-08-19 09.48.05.jpg
2016-08-20 14.09.27.jpg
2016-08-20 14.10.39.jpg
2016-08-21 13.55.16.jpg
2016-08-21 13.57.54.jpg