Lime Rock

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Ok folks its that time of year again.....

Any interest in making a convoy trip and entrance to Limerock? It's not certain I'm coming yet, but if so, I'll be leaving from NYC.

Seems we've had a good showing of e9's over the last few years, and hopefully it will get better.

FWIW, the 2002 folks travel together in big numbers, but haven't joined in the classes
down on the track...

TodB

Reaction score
Lrp

The weekend of 9/4. If you intend to park on the track on Sunday, you need to pre-register ahead of time.

anthony

Reaction score
Anybody else going to Lime Rock on Sunday? I'm planning on it as the weather should be good.

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Hi Anthony,

I plan on going to Limerock. However, I'm not sure if my coupe will make it. It's been cranky lately, and it looks like I'll need a new fuel pump. I may drive my Mini, if the coupe isn't road worthy.

In any case, I hope you are your coupe will be there, and you'll probably see at few additional coupes.

In any case, its been a great gathering since Limerock opened the field to all classic cars.

Best,

Chuck

iconoclast6

Reaction score
After initial confusion and moments of chaos about placement of judged classes, the Limerock Concours turned about to be a good day. Fantastic weather and a great array of auto exotica made for great eye candy.

CS luminaries John, Mike and Tod were in attendance with their awesome cars. John your car was looking great. Tod, I love your new seats. Mike if you reconsider, I'll pay cash for your steering wheel. Duane and Len, you and your cars were missed.

The e9's were in grouped in the Speed and Style category that included among others, a breathtaking Ferrari and Porsche.

I'm not positive, but I think 1st place went to Roy's rare e28 Alpina. My '72 Agave CS was entrusted with the 2nd place trophy.

If I remember how, I'll post pics later in the week...

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry Chuck my steering wheel is not for sale. I waited a long time to find that wheel, and it is truly the most comfortable steering wheel I've had mounted in my coupe. I suggest that you keep looking and you just might find one. That particular wheel was installed only in the M1 and early e28 M535i.

If you get a chance, please post some photos from Limerock.

Thanks

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

LOL!! Actually that was a tongue in cheek request about the wheel....
Sent you an email a few days ago, not sure if its your current address, pm if you didn't get it...

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Updated Limerock Results

For those who may not know, besides my CS coupe 2nd place award, our e9 family had another winner:

Skip Barber’s Award for a Sunday at Lime Rock,” most deserving not otherwise recognized, 1968-1980: 1973 BMW 3.0 CS, Michael Balaban"

So despite the awesome display of auto exotica at LimeRock, BMW's were well represented, especially in the car corrals.

Official results can be seen here: http://limerock.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=262