Looking for an AC plastic housing- ANY condition - No evap or fan needed

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm researching alternative blower fan options for improved AC air flow in the cabin. In order to trial different things, I'd like to have a housing to play with since I have found it not possible to remove the plastic housing from the car without having to disconnect the refrigerant lines and pull the whole unit off the console, which I'd like to avoid.

This one:
AC Unit.PNG

Does anyone have one that I could buy or even borrow for a little while to try some things out. Of course, any IP resulting from this effort would be published here. Thanks, Luis

I have one, let me dig it out and check condish. Happy to contribute to this noble cause which is of much interest to me because of my toasty climate

Last edited:
Thank you Steve. Besides improving airflow I’m looking at also utilizing something that can be reliably sourced. I’ve already gone through two fans since I installed the AC 5-6 years ago. They were both used but of course looked perfectly good in the beginning with no bearing noise and well balanced when spinning at speed.

Luis,
I didn't see this thread until now, coincidentally one day after I just pulled mine. If you haven't arranged for one from Steve, let me know (since you're right up the road).
20200616-AC housing.jpg

Stephen

Luis,
I didn't see this thread until now, coincidentally one day after I just pulled mine. If you haven't arranged for one from Steve, let me know (since you're right up the road).
View attachment 95748
Stephen
Thanks Stephen. I did receive one from Steve on loan and the experiments are underway, albeit slowed down by the good weather and the need for speed...

Back