Lowering the seats

pmansson

Reaction score
I would like to get lower down in the driver´s seat. Sitting properly I find my head very close to the headliner. I usually move my butt forward and bend my back, which is not a very healthy way to sit for any distance.

When I have the seats out, I don´t know where to begin. Cutting some of the springs has come to mind. On my Jaguar XKs, I simply pull out some of the thick foam in the rear section of the seat cushion.

Any suggestions ??

there is a chrome plastic piece between seat and rail.
that could get you maybe a quarter of an inch.
but how tall are you? i am 6'2" and i don't have any problems

I would like to get lower down in the driver´s seat. Sitting properly I find my head very close to the headliner. I usually move my butt forward and bend my back, which is not a very healthy way to sit for any distance.

When I have the seats out, I don´t know where to begin. Cutting some of the springs has come to mind. On my Jaguar XKs, I simply pull out some of the thick foam in the rear section of the seat cushion.

Any suggestions ??

My seats are pretty soft to start with, so I am not sure there is much distance to gain from the seat itself. Reclining the seat back a bit also helps and tall people come with long arms, so that would be a natural driving position for the arms. Last resort shown by my youngest one:

http://home.earthlink.net/~b_jamin/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/e9.jpg

Back