Lug wrench storage location in trunk?

CookeD

Reaction score
Fellas,

Can anyone help with the correct mounting location for the lug wrench...? In other words, the where/how the wrench is stowed so that I don't have to keep it in the bin by the filler neck anymore.

TIA

When I was taking everything out oif my trunk for the painting, I found the lug wrench and jack to the left side of the spare wheel well, mounted over a stud sticking up from the trunk floor. They were on top of a foam section.

Jack & lug wrench location

Answer is correct--with lug wrench beneath jack and sitting at an angle.

Caution--be sure your trunk seal is good to prevent moisture entering--have seen several instances where there was a lot of rust present--avoid by periodically removing trunk carpet and panel over spare wheel and cleaning drying surfaces beneath--good idea to check air pressure in spare as that may come in handy--as few Coupes are fitted with "run flats". :)>)

Re: Jack & lug wrench location

Answer is correct--with lug wrench beneath jack and sitting at an angle.

Caution--be sure your trunk seal is good to prevent moisture entering--have seen several instances where there was a lot of rust present--avoid by periodically removing trunk carpet and panel over spare wheel and cleaning drying surfaces beneath--good idea to check air pressure in spare as that may come in handy--as few Coupes are fitted with "run flats". :)>)

Indeed. In the process of removing them, I ended up taking off several layers of rusted trunk in the process. The lug wrench had attached itself to the trunk through the foam in a grotesque display of iron oxide's ability to mimic biological ailments. Not cool.

The best picture I have collected was from a fellow coupe owner under going a restoration. He extensively photodocumented the dismantling of his coupe and sent me these pictures when I had questions on how the jack/lug wrench should be placed. (Thanks Tom P)

As far as he knew all pieces were in original placement.

Shawn

Trunk4.gif

Trunk14.gif
[/url]

Lug wrenches and associated RUST

It is really incredible the neglect that some/many of our favorites have endured at the hands of P.O.'s who apparently had little or no regard or concern for proper care and maintenance of these special machines!!

And the awesome undertaking necessary to bring them back to a condition that somewhat resembles their original state. I think of the enormous task of fabrication and welding that our Scottish friend Malcolm initiated some time ago--and from the pics we have seen--a drier bodied--read much less rusted version--would have likely been sent to the crusher here locally.

THat's real commitment!!

Aaaah, wrench mounting pads MIA:

Trunk_2.gif

Now that the wheelwell covers are out, gotta clean that filthy trunk...

Back