Luigi on the Dyno

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yesterday was dyno day for Luigi's new motor. Bill K. happened to be at Gerard's shop while runs were made and snapped this shot and sent it to me. He said it started right up, "idled like a Honda," and pulled hard between 4,000 and 7,000 RPM.

Talked with Terry Tinney and he reports 360 HP, and between 260 and 290 "torques" between 4,000 and 7,000 RPM.

He also did some restoration work on the Alpina slide throttle. It was VERY worn and needed some new bearings, some building up and polishing down, etc.

The new oil pump, which you can see in the photo, performed very well. It sucks so hard that when he tried to remove the oil filler cap while the motor was running he had to pry it off the motor!

Engine will ship back to Racecraft, and the car is headed to Amelia in March.

LuigiOnDyno.jpg

Last edited:
That is one nice looking new heart. Loving that K-Fish pump.

Congrat's on Amelia Island, wish I could attend this year as a spectator.

Great to see this and what great numbers.
Who made those headers?
Using a wideband for tuning?

We will be at Amelia this year in the 88 M5 instead of the coupe.
M5 is in the Saturday show.

Coupe is in many pieces in my garage right now.

I will try to find you.

Gary

I would love to learn more about his engine! I talked to racecraft this morning for tips on shipping the e9 roof across the country. I mentioned that I learned of them via the Luigi build.

I am busting butt to get my car ready, I want Hans Stuck to sign my owners manual or something!

Great to see this and what great numbers.
Who made those headers?
Using a wideband for tuning?

We will be at Amelia this year in the 88 M5 instead of the coupe.
M5 is in the Saturday show.

Coupe is in many pieces in my garage right now.

I will try to find you.

Gary

That is the coolest test stand ever bar none. Love the heat exchanger set-up. I swear it's from a Crusader boat engine...

Very impressive motor and great numbers.

Cheers
James

Sounds so good! And impressive numbers. Will the rev limiter be put around 7k or are you going to rev higher than that?

Cheers,

Back