M1 at Hershey,Pa auction

PaulinPa

Reaction score
1980 M1,18,000 miles.Beautiful condition.Owned by former BMW dealer(also a coupe owner)serviced by our local BMW guru,Jack Miller(also a coupe owner).Looks like new!Car will go on the block Friday Oct.8.Come visit ChocolateWorld and take home a unique automotive souvenir!(no affiliation,commission,etc.just thought someone might be interested)

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Sounds like Ed Ullom's cars

Attachments

• M1.jpg
    M1.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 232

PaulinPa

Reaction score
Yeah it's another one out of Ed's impressive collection.I quess they are hoping for something in the $125K area.Considering it's about the same condition as the one BMW is selling they might see alot more.Difference will be in location of auction.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
M-1 nice but---

That front bumper modification is the WORST I have ever seen on an M-1 !! Those black chunks of whatever material are absolutely an abortion. The people who were paid to federalize this car should be hung up by the thumbs or other body parts.

I have seen about 12-15 M-1's done here on the West Coast--including the one that i owned--and none were done in this manner that has completely bastardized the nose's appearance. That includes the ones done in that 1980's period here locally by a guy--his name was Albert Mardikian--whose exotic car mods were notoriously bad. They managed to burn up two owners M-1's with their attempts at fitment of catalytic converters--and who was also engaged in several other forms of felonious activities. He was finally put away by the Feds.

If a Plastic Surgeon had done that to his patients nose he would be sued big time.

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
That front bumper modification is the WORST I have ever seen on an M-1 !! QUOTE]

Agree 100%, and think that $ 137.500 value is far more realistic than that of the ex BMW museum sold in Dubai Bonham's auction.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
M-1 enhancements

Agreed to removing side markers--another of those bureaucratic requirements of our DOT--and do change wheels to some better suited--even the original ones were better than the "new" look in wheels--and please do remove all of the graphics.

One more recommendation: move both gas fillers--driver side and passenger side inside the 1/4 windows--otherwise you spill gas down the sides everytime fuel is added and one can never get those saddle tanks full when fueling at the side fillers--and even with the fillers going down into the tanks it's still a real challenge to get them topped off.