M90 pistons

sprintevo

Reaction score
My engine man who is overhauling my m90 3.5 is looking for a set of pistons 1 thou oversize ideally. He cannot find them on his usual sources is there anywhere a forum member can reccomend in Europe. Or is it best to revert to custom made?? Any thoughts or ideas please

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
My engine man who is overhauling my m90 3.5 is looking for a set of pistons 1 thou oversize ideally. He cannot find them on his usual sources is there anywhere a forum member can reccomend in Europe. Or is it best to revert to custom made?? Any thoughts or ideas please

i have experienced the complete renewal of three engines in the last 6 months, two M30 from e9, and another M30 from a 633 CSI
in all cases there is not another source than BMW dealer for original MAHLE pistons
the good news is that the price is very reasonable: between 100 and 150 eur per complete piston (that inlcudes segments too)

BTW, it always help if you tell us where are you from !
regards

61porsche

Reaction score
Pistons

Here in the states the usual option would be to source custom. JE Pistons get's mentioned, but there are several manufacturers here. Arias, Weisco, etc. You can order custom w/ deck height, compression ratio, etc.

Also try Ireland, Vac Motorsports, Metric mechanic, Paul Burke, that may have shelf stock.