Making Black Black

JhwShark

Reaction score
I am going through the "fleet" to do spring cleaning...

What is the method and/or products used to make Black look great?? Black plastic interior and exterior trim, Black rubber hoses, Black bumpers, Black rubber bumper trim...

I experimented with PB Catalyst (well it dripped on my plastic timing belt cover) and it also did a great job on my P928 Air cleaner cover and plastic intake ducts...before I start on the e9 and MGB as well as finish the 928, I would like to hear the opinions...

I've heard of Black Again, and only see it on line what store has it? I know of Mothers Back to Black, what else is used??
Jon

Tundra

Reaction score
I have used Bumper Coating from Dupli Color on some black plastic and rubber parts. Not sure if it would hold up on rubber hoses.

kfrito789

Reaction score
About 15 years ago, while at a local Porsche dealer, the tech was prepping a car for winter storage. The 911 had everything opened up, it's doors, sunroof, bonnet. He was spraying all the rubber parts with Castle Big 5 Silicone Lubricant. To this day I use it on all my vehicles, both show/collector and the everyday ride. Spray all the seals, door, window sunroof. Everything that is black rubber. Let it sit overnight and wipe it off. About once a year is all it takes.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
For plastic and rubber trim that has turned gray from age, I used a product from bavauto.com. It is a dye, and recolors bumper plastic and rubber. I used it on a 318is with 300K miles. Looked great and was durable. Can't pull the name out of the air right now, but it was in their catalog. Came in a handy shoe polish type applicator, a plastic bottle with a broad foam tip.
It is "Forever Black"!! Just remembered.

Last edited: