Malaga Coupe on Seattle CL

It's in Vancouver, WA. I checked it out for another board member. Short story -- it's a nice driver, has a little rust, and in my opinion is not a $17k car.

Malaga CS

Interesting owner says original malaga paint - how many CSs
have not been repainted by now? Picks look very nice, but no engine
bay shots - what was the issue? Just curious. One CS is enough for
me for now (now a CSL that would be different).

Paint is original color, but not original -- it's a repaint, probably 10 years old. Has some dings, paint is checking and cracking on the trunk. Overspray under the car and into the back of the grill area = relatively inexpensive repaint. Headlamp access covers missing too.

If anyone is interested I'll be happy to forward my pictures and commentary, I believe the person I did the research for has decided to pass. It's not a bad car, but for equivalent money one of our brethren just bought a '74 CSi with fresh quality paint, fresh leather, and documented history back to the original Italian buyer. The real issue is the seller broke the first two rules of coupe purchasing -- 1) do you research before you buy and 2) don't buy for an investment.

I am the board member who took a pass on buying this car. I decided not to buy it for one reason-price! He was asking $17,550 for the car and I could only get him down to $17k, which is now the asking price. In my opinion and based on coupes that I have seen for sale in CA., where I live, the price range is between $10-$13k, especially since money will be spent on a paint job and rust work. The paint does look good in the photos but Tony described as "tired" looking with some cracks and dents.

The car seems to be a good solid driver.

Tony has a very detailed and through commentary on the car and it's condition. I would also like to give thanks again to Tony for checking out the car for me. Great Job!

Hey, all the credit is going to Tony. Tony, remember who drove you out to see the car! I take credit for bringing the flashlight. Car was a nice driver with recaro seats and a 5 speed conversion. IMHO it was a bit much to be reaching for $17,000 with little or no documentation, unless you are the guy from Seattle who bought my old coupe and tossed $130,000 at it. I would put the car at about $12,000 from what I have seen. If you like the color and the upgrades I would call the seller and start to work the deal at a lower price point. Good luck.

Chris, my apologies for not acknowledging you and the importance of bringing the flashlight although I am sure you contributed more, like kick a few tires. Seriously, thanks for checking out the coupe for me. By the way, you have an awesome coupe.....

Back