Mechanic Recommendation- Connecticut

VILLEocity

Reaction score
Does anyone have any highly recommended mechanics in Connecticut (preferably Stamford/Fairfield county area) for a 3.0 CSI? Expect head gasket, plus tuneup and brake work.
Thanks for any input!!

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
JG Technik in North Branford, Ct. +- 40 minutes from you. He is the best. 203 484 2697

Paul Wegweiser

Reaction score
Thanks Paul! I used to live up that way and remember hearing of them at some point but didn't realize BMWs where a focus.
They've probably got 30+ 2002s "in process" as well as a few coupes, and even 700s! cabrios, targas, several vintage Porsches.... but BMW is their primary focus. They did all the metal work on my last '02 about 16 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_3176.JPG
    IMG_3176.JPG
    205.7 KB · Views: 179

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Matt McGinn and his crew at Sports Car Restorations in Plainville CT. They live and breathe the classic coupes and 02s.

Phone: 860 793 2002
A good friend of mine spent $$$ getting a too restored there and felt it was a bit of a mixed bag. Feedback was Matt is good but not without issues. I’m equidistant from Matt and Mario and would pick Mario without hesitation.

Lowell Paddock

Site Donor
Reaction score
Completely concur with other comments about Mario and VSR1. He and his team are knowledgeable, capable and fair. It’s a haul to get there (I live in NW CT), but I just rent a car from Enterprise for about $100 for the trip up or back. There is a location not far from Mario’s place. It’s more than worth it for the peace of mind knowing that the car will be done right. Mario also does excellent bodywork.