Message Filtering

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone knows if it is possible to remove in my view some messages on the forum, filtered by topic, word or user in the post?

I'm using "New Posts" tab and many of topics are not to be followed by me but they are appearing on unread threads.

Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks a lot!

Does anyone knows if it is possible to remove in my view some messages on the forum, filtered by topic, word or user in the post?

You can filter out messages by user using the "Ignoring" function. Click on the icon of a user whose posts you don't want to see. Then click on "ignore" at the bottom center of the small pop-up that displays. You will no longer see posts from that user.

To undo it, click on your own icon, "preferences", "ignore" and you'll get a list of users that you are ignoring. You can click on "unignore" to un-do it.

Thanks a lot!

Is there any way to filter some posts similar way?

I think you're asking if you can "Hide" a thread once you know you don't want to see it anymore? As far as I know this software doesn't have that feature. Might be kinda nice to have though.

I would love to discard some threads after assuring they are completely out of my attention.

@Markos
Would it be possible to add such a feature as it is for the user ID?

I would love to discard some threads after assuring they are completely out of my attention.

@Markos
Would it be possible to add such a feature as it is for the user ID?

Hi @Krysztof,

That would be @dang ‘s department. I mostly manage content. I’m curious to better understand the use case, as you are the only person to being this up. Are you seeing clutter in the new posts feed?

I think what you are asking for is an ignore thread. Ignoring users who post a variety of content would be problematic. Alternatively, a dashboard of most relevant to me threads. In general, the xenforo software that drives this forum has a plethora of add ins to address targeted use cases. This is a decision by the forum owner. Each add in creates sustainment overhead and potential security risks.

Oh. Thank you. I was not aware.

I feel strange, that such request is coming from my side only.

The reason is simple. I'm typically looking at New Posts section. But quite a number of the posts are not in my focus or they are too long to follow them properly. In such a case I would like - for my clean inbox - to remove some threads from my New Post account list. Good example is the meeting schedule in US as I have no chance to take a part in being here in Europe. ;)

It is true many of the threads are much wider in content than the topic which is great.

I'm using "Watch" option (top right corner of the page) for some of threads and I'm happy with this functionality.

In my opinion e9coupe.com forum is really great managed! Good job Gents!

Back