Micro Fische

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
A guy just wrote me and said he came up with the E9 parts micro fiche. Are they desirable and rough value of worth so I know what I am doing and I will see if I can get them right if someone wants them

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You need a microfiche viewer to read them making it a pain to move from page to page. The Orange parts books have it all.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Chris I realize that. I figured if the guy will sell them for $15 -$20 it, might look good on someone's shelf. I know for my E24, any factory factory literature regarding it, I buy. I even found a BMW booklet that gives all of their recommended torque values. I never looked to see for what years, but it looks good on the shelf...besides it was only $5 so I couldn't say no

sfdon

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have almost every Micro fiche page for the 70's and 80's.
After taking a picture of every page I was able to have it all converted to digital format.
Then I donated the special German version Microfiche reader to the University Of California Berkeley library system. Do you really want a huge machine out in the garage?
Have you seen what they look like? Scratches are tough on these.

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
microfiche

I have a complete set also, along with the large reader in my shop, used a few times when I first got it, taking up space....

sfdon

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's all on the internet now.
Owning a microfiche machine is like having a pager clipped to your belt.....

Ohio Jon

Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s neat to have the microfiche for you collection (I have some too), but they are useless since realoem.com came out.
My ex-wife kept the house so I left the microfiche viewer for her as a gift.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bert, do you mean the machine or the film microfiches? What is the year of publication?

Realoem nor any of the online catalogs come close to providing all the information that's found in the orange books.