Missing Relay ?

E3_UK

Reaction score
Despite owning my car for ten years, I only noticed today there is one relay missing from the block of three, just in front of the bonnet support. It has been taped over for some reason. It's a UK car and everything works (although I don't actually know if the heated rear screen works but the button lights up). Is it just an unused position for another model ?. If so is it normally fitted with a blank relay ?.
Screenshot_20240630-080051_Drive.jpg

Last edited:

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Despite owning my car for ten years, I only noticed today there is one relay missing from the block of three, just in front of the bonnet support. It has been taped over for some reason. It's a UK car and everything works (although I don't actually know if the heated rear screen works but the button lights up). Is it just an unused position for another model ?. If so is it normally fitted with a blank relay ?.View attachment 185424

Does it have a plug under the tape?
My 2800cs has a place for a third relay that I will eventually fit a plug and relay for low beams.

E3_UK

Reaction score
Does it have a plug under the tape?
My 2800cs has a place for a third relay that I will eventually fit a plug and relay for low beams.
I'll investigate further tomorrow. I haven't had a chance to look in the Blue books yet to see if I can ID it there.

E3_UK

Reaction score
So the blue book also shows a vacant position next to the horn and high beam relays so I won't worry about it. I'll check tomorrow to see if there are any wires connected to it.

Jon B

Reaction score
I only noticed today there is one relay missing from the block of three, just in front of the bonnet support...
Is it just an unused position for another model ?
It's the factory position for an accessory fog lights relay. It required a supplemental wire harness.
See section 63/7 of the spare parts catalog.

E3_UK

Reaction score
It's the factory position for an accessory fog lights relay. It required a supplemental wire harness.
See section 63/7 of the spare parts catalog.
Perfect, thank you. I'll fit a dummy relay anyway, looks a lot better than being taped up.