Moke

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here on the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia Mokes were everywhere in the 70s as tourist hire cars. They were responsible for many a fierce sun burn.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
This just in...at the Vancouver All British Field Meet today, amongst the many Austin Mini variations, a 6 wheeled Moke :
E796E6FD-02F9-4D37-A226-AE4BC549D2BA.jpeg

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
42K-strong
I'd say....strong is correct. I don't know the Moke market apparently, but wow do those little things fetch some high $$$'s! I know it would be a fun ride but I spent $14K on my UTV that is just as much fun, a 6-seater, probably much faster, more reliable, it can go off-road and be used as a plow in the winter....but, whatever blows your hair back......

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
42K-strong
What is going on? You could make one of these with access to a sheet metal shop, some hand rail pipe, a few strips of canvas, and an old BMC engine and running gear.
Oh wait, all of that junk is at "classic" prices as well. I know they are cute and all but $42K, puhleese!

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What is going on? You could make one of these with access to a sheet metal shop, some hand rail pipe, a few strips of canvas, and an old BMC engine and running gear.
Oh wait, all of that junk is at "classic" prices as well. I know they are cute and all but $42K, puhleese!
And stick a small block aluminum motor in one...LOL. Drop a Sunbeam Tiger motor in it....wheelies anyone? It would probably break in half.