More E9 racing fun!!!

Misterchinn

Reaction score
The third video in the rain had my adrenalin going. I can't imagine how much adrenalin you'd have really driving under those conditions. I like the way after he passes at the end, the lead car must have checked his rear view and proceeds to drive off the track!

Ok, I'm going out and taking my car up to 9000rpm... is there any way to get on track with your own car? Shannon, per haps you're lurking and might know up here in Nor Cal.

pj

Reaction score
I run with NCRC , Nasa and sometimes with BMWCCA, Nasa is the least expensive and in grp1 you get an Instructor so it is a good way to start, Ncrc is a little more pricey but you get more track time and is better if you have been to a few events , the local BMW chapter is the most expensive but you do get good instruction.

This is a slippery slope when you get into it

chicane

Reaction score
Misterchinn said:
The third video in the rain had my adrenalin going. I can't imagine how much adrenalin you'd have really driving under those conditions. I like the way after he passes at the end, the lead car must have checked his rear view and proceeds to drive off the track!

Ok, I'm going out and taking my car up to 9000rpm... is there any way to get on track with your own car? Shannon, per haps you're lurking and might know up here in Nor Cal.

+2. I think you have to have nads of steel to race in weather like that. But good stuff.

Philip Slate

Reaction score
I've only ever run Sears Point (Infineon) in the rain (not in TBL, in a 911) and it was almost too exciting. The person driving that Bat in the rain was very, very good. He was patient, didn't force the issue (but did intimidate), and when the time was right, made the perfect move. Kinda interesting, a number of years ago a heart monitor was placed on Ayrton Senna during what turned out to be a dry to wet F1 race. During the dry portion his heart rate was around 150bpm. As soon as the rain started it jumped to the 170 range. By outward appearances, though, his driving was unaffected. Only sorry we would never get to see years of 'battle' between Senna and Mikey. And thanks for the vidoes, chicane. Cool stuff.

coupe74

Reaction score
Cheap track time for beginners in N California

Cheapest track time in NorCal is with the Empire Sports Car Club in Sonoma County, autocross events all summer, once a month. http://empiresportscar.org/
$18 to join and around $30 for a day's autocrossing.

We lease out the County Sheriff's training track adjacent to the airport, so it is better than pylons in a parking lot. We actually fit in a mini-Infineon layout recently. Check out the Newsletters on the website for details and times.

Here's a video of two of us beginners in two corners
http://www.borglum.com/coupe/autocross_race_2007.mov