More Trivia

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
December always seems to be slow month for posting so I thought I would throw this one out for everyone to ponder.

The packing slip or PACKZETTEL lists a:

Unterleggummi (Kennzeichen) which translates to rubber support/shim/flag according to Google. Any ideas concerning what this might be?

December always seems to be slow month for posting so I thought I would throw this one out for everyone to ponder.

The packing slip or PACKZETTEL lists a:

Unterleggummi (Kennzeichen) which translates to rubber support/shim/flag according to Google. Any ideas concerning what this might be?

Easy. Unterleggumi decomposes as Unter-Leg-Gummi, Unter means under or below, Leg as something for lower extremities, and Gummi is of course rubber or gum.

Ergo Unterleggumies are Galoshes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galoshes

How can something "Over" be designated "Unter"? Simple, when you stand up Galoshes are under the shoe and in contact with the floor.

Peder, These are items that were shipped loose or perhaps added at the port. They include the jack, chock, tool kit, owner's manual, license plate bracket and hub caps.

Arde, I need to find my galoshes! I actually had a pair a while back, even here in sunny SoCal.

Back