My 3.0CS

Vroomer

Reaction score
Well, this car has already been on the Bimmer Fest forums, 2002 Faq forums, Z4um.com, and some other non-car sites I post at, too. So, e9coupe.com is officially the last to see her on all the boards.

Back in Feb, G-Man sent me a teaser email with a Craig's List ad for a Coupe. I checked it out and sent him a nasty gram back. We have this friendly banter going on where he sends me an old bimmer to rescue and I reply I don't need another car.

Well, this time he trapped me. Feb 24 G-Man and I went up to Fresno in one of his E3's to check out two E30's. "Oh and since we're in Fresno, let's go look at the E9." You all know that story and he got a 4 door 325. I drove his Bavaria back.

The following weekend I picked up a 1972 Fjord Blue 3.0CS automatic.

Coupe002.jpg

Coupe003.jpg

Known problems:
- Needs new shocks. The KYBs must go!
- Needs a transmission service
- driver's side window intermitent
- wipers don't work
- sunroof cables need relplacing (electric)

Yesterday she was dropped off at the shop for the suspension work. I have a NOS set of Bilstein HD's for the rear (the "upside down" ones). How NOS are they? This NOS!

Bilstein.jpg

Looked like a nice car in the ad... nice to see it found a good home even if you were duped into it.

We should all have friends like that.

Finally...

You finally made it! Glad you finally got clearance to come aboard. And you thought 02 ate wallets...Your coupe looks like a keeper.

Dave V. in NC(aka auggiemize on the faq)

Back