My Chamonix LOVES my New Exhaust System....

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
My car came with an exhust system similar to stock and since it was rusted COUPEKING changed it to one of his hybrid versions that has a larger diameter pipes from the front muffler (no little mid muffler) on. What a difference...I live in a hilly place and where I used to shift to second..now I can still accelerate on third,, so I know this is not my imagination. The car is truly much responsive in every gear. Never thought the change could make such a big difference considering the stock system was not all that restrictive. It did for me! BTW, this was not the S/S system he sells, its a cheaper hybrid alternative he has but almost as good IMHO. The car sounds nice...but tamed. So far my best performance investment.
abe

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Where's more info?

Thanks, Abe, I've talked with Peter S about exhaust systems before, but I only recall the stainless system. Does this still have the Magnaflow rear can? I couldn't find info on the Coupeking website about this system. Better yet, you or Peter should post a video on Youtube so we can all see what the results are, sound quality-wise! Thanks, Wayne

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
No, it doesn't have the magflow can...it has something similar to stock but modified to accept the bigger pipes. He finishes it off with the S/S tail pipe that really makes it look good. The first muffler is an Ebersprecher which I understand is really high quality compared to todays aftermarket.
I would email him for details...you wont see it on his website. Personally, I think it is one of these unknown little secrets he has which he doesn't promote much unless you ask.
I think his restoration projects keeps him busy enought and items like these takes a lesser priority IMHO.
abe