My CSL is for sale on eBay UK

weebachle

Reaction score
It is with great regret that I have put my CSL for sale on eBay UK. The past couple of years have not been kind to me financially so unfortunately it has to go. I cannot afford to restore it properly and see no real prospect of me ever being able to do so in these economic downturn years (unless I win the lottery! Fat chance!!!) It would be nice if it went to a good home but I cannot be choosy who I sell it to.
I will of course continue to access this excellent forum since I will always be interested in these truly great cars.
Regards to all
Graeme

chicane

Reaction score
What's your reserve? I am assuming this is a city pack car?

weebachle

Reaction score
Hi chicane,
It depends what you mean by a "city pack car", my car does have glass instead of perspex windows but the door skins are aluminium, not steel (and not aluminum either - just joking), as are the boot (trunk) lid and bonnet (hood). I presume that is what you meant? In my admittedly limited knowledge, that is what I thought the term "town kit" translated to - steel doors to lessen dings and glass windows for scratch avoidance practicality. The car is definitely a CSL though, it has the the very thin "ripply" skin that you can detect on the CSL roof, plus the chassis plate number and the stamped number on the firewall are in the CSL range.
I'm sorry, I won't reveal the reserve price while the auction is still active. There are currently 159 people watching this auction and any of them can access the forum. Believe me, I am not even remotely paranoid about this fact, to me all the "reserve price" provides, is a mechanism to ensure that sellers don't unwittingly sell stuff at daft prices (based on an ebay charges induced low starting price + it makes eBay even more money!). It seems that most sellers adopt this non disclosure policy, So why should I "rock the boat", and I'm guessing but I doubt if you are keenly interested to buy my RHD car? All I will say is that the reserve is almost astronomically less than one Astronomical Unit away from the current bid price. "All will be revealed in the fullness of time!" or so they say.
Cheers
Graeme