My E30 Project

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just finished up my little e30 project. My neighbor rented his ADU to a young professional and it was his daily driver. One day, he showed me the car. Since it's a 325e, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had a cloth interior with sport seats - all in very nice shape. For two years, I would admire the car when my wife and I would pass by to walk our dog. One day, It showed up on Craigslist. I ran into the owner that afternoon, he told me he was going back to school and he wanted something more reliable with working AC. Even though, I didn't need another car, it ended up in my driveway the next day. Up to that point, I'd had 19 BMWs but never an e30. The car was amazingly straight, with all original single stage paint, and absolutely no rust. Plus it had that very cool interior. The car has extensive maintenance records and and in the last couple of years the car had a new timing belt, brakes, clutch, control arms, etc. It still needed and few things and paint was pretty oxidized. Even though he added the euro bumpers, the front valance was still for a US car and was pretty beat up. Over the last few months I've done a ton of work to it including adding the correct euro front valance and a rare MTech rear spoiler (I bought both from fellow member GK-E30M3) Also, I found a set up NOS 15x7 BBS RAs for a more period look. The car is blast to drive and it turns heads. It's been a fun project but I already have too many cars and my wife wants her garage spot back so I'm going to list it on BaT and see what happens.
IMG_1920.jpeg
IMG_1902.jpeg
IMG_1908.jpeg
IMG_1878.jpeg
IMG_1864.jpeg
IMG_1912.jpeg
IMG_1911.jpeg

Last edited:
i remember seeing this car in Sellwood for a very long time. it was someone's daily driver when i was in high school. it was totally bone stock, down to the bottle cap wheels, but my memory seems to recall it had the cloth sport interior. sharp looking car; i wish i could bring it home. best of luck finding it a new caretaker.

Back