My Euro e24 Just Went Live on BaT

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Vince, you say in one of the comments that the e24 is faster than your e9. You also say that your e9 has “modern fuel injection”. Does that mean you have a motronic b35 in your coupe? If so, I would have thought it to be faster than the e24 since it is lighter. Not true?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
very nice car Vince ... wish i was in the market as this looks like a car that is in wonderful condition.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Vince, you say in one of the comments that the e24 is faster than your e9. You also say that your e9 has “modern fuel injection”. Does that mean you have a motronic b35 in your coupe? If so, I would have thought it to be faster than the e24 since it is lighter. Not true?

No, my coupe doesn't have a motronic b35. It's the original motor with L - Jetronic fuel injection that I installed maybe 10 years ago. I was just trying to make the point that my coupe is not stock and has some upgrades over the years. Even with those upgrades the my six series does perform better in most categories. With the dogleg, you get out of the hole fast. Plus this particular e24 is pretty low mileage and has never been apart, it feels solid as a rock on the road. There is not one squeak or rattle. That being said, they are very similar to drive.

Myself, I would rather be driving my e9. It's like an old friend. All I have to do is get in it and look at that beautiful wood dash and Petri wheel and I am in a better place.

Last edited:

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
@vince Congratulations on setting the new non-M e24 standard on BAT. The stellar comments on your listing were just as impressive. Nice work! I suspect some mixed emotions when the transport truck loads it up. :)

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
@vince Congratulations on setting the new non-M e24 standard on BAT. The stellar comments on your listing were just as impressive. Nice work! I suspect some mixed emotions when the transport truck loads it up. :)
Damn! $42k! That’s awesome. Well done @vince

Thanks Guys! I'm pretty happy with the results.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congrats! Are you replacing it with anything?

Yes but not totally sure yet. Something more modern, faster, still with a manual transmission, and that I can possibly put the top down on. Maybe another e46 M3 six speed convertible, Cayman, or Boxter S. If I go with a Porsche (a first for me), I will be asking @rsporsche for pointers. :)

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Yes but not totally sure yet. Something more modern, faster, still with a manual transmission, and that I can possibly put the top down on. Maybe another e46 M3 six speed convertible, Cayman, or Boxter S. If I go with a Porsche (a first for me), I will be asking @rsporsche for pointers. :)
Can’t go wrong with a modern Porsche, never too late to get a Porsche.