My Friend's New 850csi

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yesterday, five of us took the backroads in our BMWs down to my buddy's house to check out his newly acquired 850csi. I haven't driven my coupe in months and it was a real treat to get it out to stretch it's legs.

My friend has a built a nice collection of 80s and 90s BMWs, and this 850csi will be the centerpiece. It's one of 225 that came to the US and it has less than 45K miles. It's in beautiful shape. He also has a couple of very cool first gen Cougars, one is a factory black on black 427 GTE.

IMG_4693.jpg
IMG_4686.jpg
IMG_4684.jpg
IMG_4679.jpg
IMG_4677.jpg
IMG_4675.jpg
IMG_4666.JPG
IMG_4685.jpg

Great photos, Vince. Was fun thinking back to when I owned a '67 Cougar during the "University days". Bought it with broken transmission, but back then you could get a good used one for $75, and on your way. But that photo of the Airstream, perhaps a 22 foot "Globetrotter", reminds me I have some polishing to do on my Overlander Land Yacht, also a "67. ;)

Beautiful CSi!

Hard to believe a BMW nut into Cougars, but I guess it's whatever you drove in High School.

I guess my collection can be considered "eclectic" but that Airstream takes the cake! Love it!.

I looked into an 8 series car years ago. I love the styling but my recollection is they are very temperamental.

This CSI serial number 0001. Belongs to friend here in Atlanta.
Was on display at Amelia a few years ago before the new 850 came out.
Member of BMW Classics of Georgia.

Brillantrot/schwartz.
WBSEG9327RCD00001

Attachments

• IMG_0424.jpg
    IMG_0424.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 108
Back