My latest project

Bavman

Reaction score
pictured the tub from the barnfinds site....luckily it was just down the road from me...

Going straight to my cage builder, going to be a race car.

Photo of donor car Bavaria...

Al Taylor

Attachments

• pantas van 3.jpg
    pantas van 3.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 197
  • cowvaria.jpg
    cowvaria.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 209
So we have OSPHO'd the tub and started laying out the cage. The tub has a sunroof roof barely tacked on, so I picked up the pictured 2000CS to get the roof and maybe doors and rear panel.\ Installed rear subframe and suspension to roll the car around.
2000cs.jpg
CS rear.jpg

Roof goes to chemical stripper tomorrow.

Bavaria pictured above was 80mph trip into the wall.

cs cage 2.jpg
Main hoop fitted....working on drilling out all the spot welds on a radiator support, it is going to the chem stripper when I pick up the roof.

you kow i was wondering
how does everyone know where and how to remove the outer skin panels
scores of em here yet no real information on the exact putting points
i think that would be helpful to us dummies

Currently separating the rad support from the outer nose, drilling all the spot welds...so to save both pieces. The rear body work was also done this way, will try to post some photos. A lot depends on what you are trying to save, is easier to grind away old bodywork if you are replacing with new...there are special spot weld drill bits you can buy for this job.

Al

you kow i was wondering
how does everyone know where and how to remove the outer skin panels
scores of em here yet no real information on the exact putting points
i think that would be helpful to us dummies

It is on the way from me. I have the spot weld bits but I need to get off my butt. I will definitely document the rear deconstruction. The fronts will depend on time. It is practice for me so that is the plan, but I may say screw it on the front fenders.

So here are some shots of the rad support separating it from the nose...on most cars it would be wise to keep it in one piece but we are hanging fiberglass on this car. Involved cutting 30 or so spot welds, used the $5 tool from Harbor Freight, bought 4 of them to make sure they stayed fresh...

Roof back from stripper, will do some photos when we unload it tomorrow.

Al
CS NOSE RAD Support.jpg

Attachments

• CS rad support 1.jpg
    CS rad support 1.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 160
  • CS bottom lip.jpg
    CS bottom lip.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 147
Back