My Roundel Online Piece on Installing ST Sway Bars in the Bavaria

thehackmechanic

Reaction score
As some of you know, in addition to my bi-monthly Roundel pieces, about six weeks ago I began writing every week for Roundel Online, the e-mailed newsletter that you're sent if you're a BMW CCA member and have checked the option to receive Roundel Online in your profile on bmwcca.org. Since I bang these out every week, they're almost a throwback to what I used to write for Roundel -- very immediate, intimately connected to whatever I happened to be doing that week.

If you want to see these pieces routinely, join the BMW CCA and select the option to receive Roundel online. But I'm posting this one, as it ties my relationship with 2002s, E9s, and Bavarias together with my just-celebrated 30th anniversary, and has a certain resonance.

https://www.bmwcca.org/content/30th-anniversary-that’s-sway-bars-right

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
You get in trouble with some project, darkness is falling, your family is waiting, you are covered in grime and the problem is intractable. We've all been there.

I am following breathlessly, hopeful that the solution will be some tidbit that I can file away and use to further enhance the enjoyment of wrenching on my BMWs. I grab my notebook, knowing that any moment now you will be imparting some "HackMechanic" wisdom, and then...you suddenly remember the obscure part stashed in the far recesses of your garage that perfectly solves the problem.

Now I love a happy ending as much as the next guy, but "Rob has the perfect part in his garage" is not going to be very helpful the next time I hit a snag. Alas, maybe next time.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I kind of get an organ donor feeling knowing that my e9's former radiator is currently cooling Rob's Bavaria.

Love the columns. Keep up the good work.

John