My son and his 325 conv.

stphers

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

My son has a 91 325 cab and lives in Chicago. He just ordered a new top from Robbins ( sale of 25% off right now ) and needs a place that actually knows what they are doing to install it
If he was here at home in BC, Can I could send to 3-4 good guys that I know but we are 3000 miles apart

Can anybody recommend a place that they have had good experience with ?

Thanks, Rick

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Rick, man, a Did's job never ends! I see Don's Auto Interiors has a good website and great reviews. Located in Alsip Il. Your son has probably considered this place, but if not, I think if it was my son, I would have him visit and have a conversation with these guys. Good luck, let us know! BTW, I have a pair of Zeniths for you.....Mike

stphers

Reaction score
Hi Mike

Saw that site , it looks like he does mostly American stuff, did find a couple of other places off google but would still like someone's personal experience

I am still thinking about your carbs but if I get them, I will be inclined to do a full resto/rebuild of them and then I am still in the same boat looking for a new top section for the ones that I have here.

Thanks, Rick

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey, Rick. Riggs Bros. is sort of acknowledged as the go-to top/upholstery guys locally. They have several suburban locations. I've used them for tinting, but their reputation is strong on interior re/builds.

Ogden Top and Trim is another I hear good things about, second-hand:

As you can tell, these places are more than installers of third-party tops, so they may not be interested in a "simple" installation of an already-purchased item, but they might have recommendations.

Another option would be to check a proven shop on the more mechanical side of things, like (in the city): Bimmer Workshop on Montrose or Willow on South Wabash.

Although they may hang up on you when they hear it's a vert top installation. :)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m sure the werkshop could do it. Will be paying werkshop labor rates though. Liberty bills is 45-90 minutes from the city and the shop isn’t too far off 94.