Nardi steering wheels from Estonia

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey all,

My wife wants to buy me a steering wheel for Christmas. On Ebay "Revspeed" sells Nardi 390mm for around $400, it comes from Estonia.

Does anyone know if they are legit?
Which is more authentic satin or polished?
is 390mm a reasonable size?
I realize I'll need a hub/adapter with this, are there any other issues?

Last edited:
Stupid question..
How would you be able to tell the difference between period correct or not? Is there a date on them? different styling somewhere?

Stupid question..
How would you be able to tell the difference between period correct or not? Is there a date on them? different styling somewhere?

The early Nardi's, from the sixties, did have a year of production stamped on the lower spoke. Some early Nardi didn't have a stamp, these were often factory options of car companies and came with a factory logo horn button in stead of a Nardi horn button. In the late sixties Nardi merged with Personal. In the early seventies not many wooden Nardi's were produced ( mostly wooden Personal wheels ). From the late seventies on, new Nardi's were produced, with a thicker grip. The wheels also had a year stamp. At some point, Nardi started using serial numbers. A serial number stamped on the wheel and a serial number on a certificate. With these 2 numbers you can check if a Nardi is real or fake, by sending an e-mail to Nardi.

Can't someone just copy a bunch of numbers from original ones and stamp on the wheel and certificate?

Thanks Hans,
I have one buried in my stash that came off a 1980 Mercedes SL. I also removed an original AMG front spoiler that came on the car before I sold it. I'll need to take a closer look at my wheel.

Thanks Hans,
I have one buried in my stash that came off a 1980 Mercedes SL. I also removed an original AMG front spoiler that came on the car before I sold it. I'll need to take a closer look at my wheel.
Also removed Recaro C classic seats, the ones without the electrical switches. In love with those.

The early Nardi's, from the sixties, did have a year of production stamped on the lower spoke. Some early Nardi didn't have a stamp, these were often factory options of car companies and came with a factory logo horn button in stead of a Nardi horn button. In the late sixties Nardi merged with Personal. In the early seventies not many wooden Nardi's were produced ( mostly wooden Personal wheels ). From the late seventies on, new Nardi's were produced, with a thicker grip. The wheels also had a year stamp. At some point, Nardi started using serial numbers. A serial number stamped on the wheel and a serial number on a certificate. With these 2 numbers you can check if a Nardi is real or fake, by sending an e-mail to Nardi.
Thanks Hans, I had noticed that the new steering wheels were a little thicker, I prefer the thinner ones.

Back