Nardi wheel

psychrunner

Reaction score
I am looking fo buy a Nardi steering wheel for my coupe. What do any of you recommend? the 390 mm (15.25") or the 360 mm (14")? What is the original size of the wheel presently on the car?
Thanks for help.
Randy

I would go for the 390mm wheel as the 360mm is rather small for the coupe and is probably more suited for the 2002. Even with power steering, the smaller wheel is harder to turn.

Other than the CSL sport 380mm wheel, all the other steering wheels fitted to the coupe were the 'school bus' 400mm affairs. The ideal size is about 15 inches. All Alpina steering wheels fitted on the big coupes, CS or the 6 series are 380mm.

If this helps...

Here is a pic of my 3.0 with a 14in/360mm wheel...i think a little larger might be nicer
f28645e64d877db76355719ce7dc0b28.jpg

dd8cb756a3226d78bf30acda964bebf5.jpg

good luck

The large wheel was one of the beauties of the 6 cyl. BMW at the time. It was a bit of a throw back to the golden era of motoring. The smaller wheel of the 2002 was, in my opinion, due to the car's smaller size and lower cost. The small wheels only came into vogue in the late 1970's and, if I recall correctly, they were more associated with muscle cars. While the smaller wheel can give a tight / fast turning advantage, the large wheels allows for more graceful control of the car in the turn. So, being a bit old-school (I didn't say that did I?), I'll take the school bus wheel any day of the week. The younger bucks can have the small wheels on their 4 cyl. cars. :p

Aren't opinions great? They can all be different!

I switched out the Nardi wheel that was on the car to a slightly smaller one from a mid 80's 5 series (I think ). The reason was not size related but to get rid of the polished metal spokes that would nearly blind me at times of low angle sun and the expansive greenhouse that I love about the CS.

Like you say - opinions.

I got tired of my mahogany Nardi wheel, and I wanted to try something different.

So I swapped out my 370mm wheel for a 14"" Nardi with black leather and aluminum spokes. For me the smaller wheel is a better fit. Plus, I like the aluminum match with the coupe dash trim.

f0d8373e127757a2307f42661780925b.gif

Back