NE cabin fever!

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all,
Despite the lack of snow this year, I can’t wait for sunny weather. I will hopefully be getting my coupe out of storage soon. SOOooo, anybody want to get together for an “impromptu” clear-the-mouse-nests-out shakedown cruise? mid-April?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I may be ready!
Today was a beautiful day so I packed my briefcase and drove from Greenland to Bow to see Mario. They worked on my car for a few hours while I made phone calls for busines.
A great day to pump in some premium and cruise!
I need to finish the interior and do some cleaning but mid April could be doable

TodB

Reaction score
track day!

On May 3 I am taking the coupe to Lime Rock CT for some on-track fun with SCDA.

Good for you! NHMS on 4/30?

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Alright!

OK, I jealous. The road to my house is still not exactly passable - the mud has mostly dried, but the graders haven't come around and smoothed out the ruts. The daily driver wagon is taking a beating. Hopefully, I'll be able to make the pilgrimage to Mario's soon.
How about a tentative 4/21?
What is going on 4/30?
Looking forward to finally meeting most of you.

duane_sword

Reaction score
Tod no I won't do the BMW CCA driving days.... not my thing... I am sure you would enjoy the SCDA program however with supervised instruction for novices through to open laps for experts. I used to race sprint karts and formula Vee and formula Ford so I am not looking to race, I just want some open laps in the coupe and I think Lime Rock is a good venue for that :)

TodB

Reaction score
4/30

What is going on 4/30?

Boston CCA chapter driving school day at NHMS. Taking my 5er up.

Never seen a coupe there except the CSL race tribute last year that Mario built. Years ago, there was a guy from RI that brought his original dual carbed CSL and run it. It was getting rusty in the front fenders though.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I finally made the drive down to Mario's to pick up the coupe yesterday. Earlier in the day it didn't look good for my plans because it was snowing at my house in the morning with occasional flurries most of the afternoon. But, nearing closing time for VSR the sun started peeking through the clouds and we made it back to work before sundown.
photobucket-4200-1333717353836.jpg

So, now that the coupe is back home...

Who's in for a SPRING CRUISE?
For those interested, throw out some dates!

btw, I'll get the ball rolling by making a trip into the White Mtns this weekend.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I bet it's great to get it back on the road - what do the Dartmouth students think of it?

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
steve, unless it has a 2ft tall wing and a coffeecan exhaust, i don't think anyone here will notice. but then, i don't drive it into town much. most of the time i head north, away from hanover.

tod, i replied to your pm.

before i go off into the hills, i have a small list of things to look into. top thing is that the drivers side window isn't moving!

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Try this

Run with just a resonator ... That's stock on my jag and it makes the most glorious sound thru under passes and the big dig tunnels. The kids notice, but the they tail gate you while shooting video w their IPhones (weaving al over the road).

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Went up into the White Mtns yesterday. I went on routes 25B, 118, 114, 302, etc. Seemingly a lot of frost heaves and broken up asphalt out there. Traffic wasn't bad until the Conway area (even then it wasn't mid-summer-bad) and was able to go at a pretty good pace most of the way.

Stopped in Conway to feed the dog. You can see in the photo that it was very nice out and the car in the far right corner, by the green box.
photobucket-8462-1334430517801.jpg