Need an original 3.0 CSi Gear Lever

3.0CSi

Reaction score
Hi guys.

That´s it. Mine is in bad shape.
Does someone knows where can I get a "new" one?

Thanks.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
For the Getrag 262, right? I've got one. Although, what exactly is wrong wwith the old one? It is an entirely metal part, so not a lot can go wrong.

3.0CSi

Reaction score
Getrag 262? humm... I don't know.
What I know is that it's not metal. It's made of wood. And the finishing is cracked and some parts are missing. Whem possible, I'll put some photos here.

Thanks for the reply.

3.0CSi

Reaction score
The problem is that BMW stopped producing it and now, the few still existing are pretty expensive... :cry:

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would suggest you guys get a new Alpina shift knob. It is a nicer looking than the original knob and it is finished in a rich rosewood finish. Not cheap but you'll pay a lot less than a NOS original shift knob, if they are still available.

Bert
72 3.5 CSi
88 M6
42ca09a9feaaad0ae687b0f21ff0acb6.jpg

3.0CSi

Reaction score
Well... an alpina item on a non-alpina car seems a bit out of place.
In that case, I'll keep my original not-in-good-shape item.
But thanks for your advice, anyway. :wink:

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
3.0CSi, I respect your views on this matter, but Alpina accessories, road wheels, shift knobs or steering wheels are just that 'accessories' and the fitment of these Alpina parts are not meant to pass your car on as a genuine Alpina CS. If most coupe owners follow this rule on only truly original CS trim and mechanical parts then most of these cars would not be on the road today due to the car's scarcity pf parts or the lack of. Unless the car is of concourse quality then 'originality' can only go so far. JMHO.

Bert
[/quote]

3.0CSi

Reaction score
I understand your point of view. And I agree that Alpina acessories are prestige items. But my CSi is very very close to "new" condition. So I'll continue searching for the two or three parts I need to make it happen.

Thanks.

PS: I'm sorry for any possible writing mistake. English is not my mother language.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Point taken 3.0CSi. Good luck and hope you find your NOS original shift knob. If I were to come across a good one, I'll PM you.

Bert