Need for replica parts?

posix

Reaction score
I’m currently in the middle of making a detailed 3D model of the 3.0CS and I’m wondering if there is a need for specific replica parts so I can pay more attention to specific parts of the model that I can use in the future for replicas. (Mostly for smaller parts that could be printed)

was looking at making bumper replicas, is someone else doing this?

jmackro

Reaction score
I’m currently in the middle of making a detailed 3D model of the 3.0CS and I’m wondering if there is a need for specific replica parts so I can pay more attention to specific parts of the model that I can use in the future for replicas. (Mostly for smaller parts that could be printed) was looking at making bumper replicas, is someone else doing this?

Repro bumpers are already available. See https://www.blunttech.com/shop/1468btkt There may be other distributors.

I wouldn't think that bumpers would fit the definition of "smaller parts that could be printed".

jmackro

Reaction score
That's a good price for a full set of e9 bumpers. Has anyone used them??

I recall a thread here on e9coupe.com discussing their installation. My memory is that the user was satisfied, though his experience was consistent with the note on the BluntTech site: These bumpers are hand made and and as such, there may be slight fitment variations in each set. If you are not comfortable with modifying parts and making minor adjustments, we would recommend leaving installation to certified body professionals. The quality of the bumpers are exceptional, but may require more fitting than some are comfortable with.

stphers

Reaction score
If these are the ones that come out of Vietnam like the 2002 ones, yes, finish is quite nice BUT it does take a lot of fitting , on and off, trim here and there, open up holes to get more adjustment, so nice but not so easy to put on. I have done 3 sets for customers on 2002's and each one had to be fitted differently to make them look really good on the car I also used silver POR 15 on the backside, they look like they were made with a hammer, not pretty ( I am sure that that is how they are made ) but a pretty good price and in most instances, once fitted, hard to tell the difference