Need German Help

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, I cant find any options. Does anyone have a son or daughter in Germany that wants to make a little money by collecting a part for me and forwarding to me in USA ?

The part is in Birkenfeld, Deutschland. The seller would prefer someone to pick it up. Id be willing to pay 100EU for the help. Id pay for shipping costs of course.

Its an interior part so its light (maybe 5 or 10 lbs) and not greasy. Think door card.

Last edited:

arnie

Reaction score
David,

are you sure, that this would make sense in any way. Did you check shipping costs from Germany to the states for a bulky part like a door card already ?

(for instance for an air dam it would be more than 200 bucks for me to get it from the states to me).

I'd like to assist, but Birkenfeld is right in the "middle of nowhere" and for me a 200 miles distance .....

Is that such a rare part, that you would consider paying 3 - 400 $$ just for the shipment ? E9s are even more common in the states than in their home country . Sound's strange, that you can't find anything comparable over there.

cheers

Ingo

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Arnie,
The part is actually for a different BMW I just bought ( more on that soon ). I've checked with local suppliers who tell me they haven't seen this part in quite awhile. Im willing to spend a fair bit for this part. You know how it is when you stumble across a long since NLA part. I checked shipping and got a lower number, but maybe I should double check - thanks for the heads up.