Need new or used wiper/turn signal stalk -- 61311355322 -- WTB

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey folks, I need to replace my wiper/turn signal stalk on my 1973 3.0CS USA car. In researching this, the part # above seems to be the right one but I can't find a new part anywhere. Don is pretty sure I need a new stalk because my wipers only work when I engage the wipe function manually (2 or 3 wipes at a time) and the console pull switch does nothing at all and we've replace the wiper relay already. It was not fun driving through 3 hours of rain the other day on my return from Vintage Saratoga.

Does anyone have a good condition used one or know where I can find a new one? I ordered one yesterday from BMWpartsdeal and got the typical "no longer in stalk" message right after I ordered. I've been told the Bavaria switch also works with some modifications to the wiring ends? 611311355285.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

I might have used one but EU (DE) version.

The US one uses text in every place including the stalk:
1728989070741.png

The part looks like (connector matters):
1728989124770.png

thank you so much, so this goes on the right side of the steering column? If that's the only difference, I might buy this if a new part doesn't turn up in the next few weeks. What $ did you want and I assume it worked before removal? Any idea how many miles the car had on it before removal...Thanks again!

The side on the column depends on the Model Year, not the marked but there might be some differences (not an expert here).

So you need the one on the left side of the column which means pre-facelift way, right? I still might have it. I know they are rare. Let me check. It might takes few days.

If someone located in the US would have it that would be the best for You due to delivery time for sure.

I may have one. Either way, I'd like your old one. They often can be repaired as long as the stalk itself is not broken.

Thanks, Chris, we can tackle this when I'm there in January or February...

The side on the column depends on the Model Year, not the marked but there might be some differences (not an expert here).

So you need the one on the left side of the column which means pre-facelift way, right? I still might have it. I know they are rare. Let me check. It might takes few days.

If someone located in the US would have it that would be the best for You due to delivery time for sure.
My stalk is on the right side of the steering column and controls the turn signals and wiper functions...

I have one, and the electrical components work, but the detent that holds the switch in the right turn position has worn away. We could make a good one combining yours and the one I have. Alternatively, Tom had one the last time I checked. I'll see him later today and see what he has in inventory.

I just found a BMW dealer who has the Bavaria part (ending in 285) in stock and it's $335. Has anyone made the E3 version work with the E9 and how simple are those wire connection modifications? I might just bail on the new one and work with Chris Ohmes and Tom Baruch to rebuild something in a few months...

I just found a BMW dealer who has the Bavaria part (ending in 285) in stock and it's $335. Has anyone made the E3 version work with the E9 and how simple are those wire connection modifications? I might just bail on the new one and work with Chris Ohmes and Tom Baruch to rebuild something in a few months...
I did connect an E3 stalk with the E9 pin connector - I'll PM you

1729022613200.png

Krysztof, you have no idea how rude that text imperative sounds to the average American :).
True.

I'm so lucky You are way above average!

I should spend more sensitive on the text (again!) section. ;-)

Last edited:
My stalk is on the right side of the steering column and controls the turn signals and wiper functions...
I'm not very familar with pre-facelift cars. You are right.
I see feedback is very positive locally, so might be you will got it sooner than later.
But I'm still open to support even if I would not find at my storage I will somewhere else here. :)

1729024355894.png

I'm pretty sure it can be repaired as @Ohmess suggested but I would also look for the one.

True.

I'm so lucky You are way above average!

I should spend more sensitive on the text (again!) section. ;-)
Not your text, the stalk text is rude!
BTW, I deleted the window washer system altogether when people told me the E9 should never experience water, rain or otherwise...Ieft the wipers just for fog.

Used prefacelift indicator switches (1350152) I can offer you at 233€ incl. shipping, high beam switch (1350153) at 183€ incl. shipping.
20240703_074537-1.jpg
Send PN if you are interested
Thomas

Wayne - Tom (BMWSKI) doesn't have any in inventory. TomHom's price is fair. Might be a good way to go.

Thanks, I found a new E3 piece with Carl Nelson who will modify the connector to fit my car. You can have my current stalk, Chris!

Back