Need to find insurance for an old quirky commercial property

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
The commercial property I have with a partner needs new insurance. Anyone familiar with this type of insurance and have any suggestions on how to go about it? For the last four years we've been piggy-backing off of his business' policy but he's selling his business so we need find something. I think it will be difficult because of what it is. One wooden warehouse built in the 60's and another steel building built in the 70's, along with a small house and garages built in the 60's. Two acres heavy industrial zoning and we'd like to get both liability and property coverage.

Any suggestions?

Dan

Most states also have a sponsored insurance program for ‘unusual’ commercial properties. Don’t know where you are but one of my properties In MA been insured thru that sort of program for many years.

Last edited:
Most states also have a sponsored insurance program for ‘unusual’ commercial properties. Don’t know where you are but one of my properties Elgar’s been insured thru that sort of program for many years.
Roseville, CA. Near Sacramento. It's one of those "original" properties now surrounded by newer tilt-up buildings. My partner has been the one dealing with this side of the business while I manage the property. I think it'll just take some more effort.

This is an old google photo but you get the idea.

march rd.jpg

Back