Needed - Brake Parts

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm looking for the following parts if anyone has them:

1) Emergency brake cables - from the handle back to the wheel. Two of those

2) Rear brake drums X 2

3) Springs for the brake (mine are ok but would like to replace them if I can find them)

I suppose replacing the drums does beg the question of whether I should just go the route of a disc conversion, but at this point I would like to get the car back on the road for the fall. Clearly the conversion is a desirable upgrade and will add this to the ever-growing list.

I have contacted Ben at La Jolla but have not contacted Mesa yet. I'll wait on Ben's response.

changing to discs is not a simple swap - you have to change the swingarms, which could cost something. when i make the swap (this winter), i will have the parts ...

you might also check with coupeguy + coupeking. i don't think whalem6 has any 2800cs parts, i think he broke a few 3.0cs (i could be wrong)

Southampton imported cars in NJ has 2800cs drums attached to an old subframe after a swap they did recently. Worth a call...here's their info.

ADDRESS:

1891 ROUTE 38

Southampton, NJ 08088

Telephone Number: (609)-267-8384

Fax Number: (609)-267-5861

E-Mail Address: [email protected]

Thanks. Called Southhampton and they have a used set on a vehicle but he doubts they are any good so he suggested I keep looking (or actually just biting the bullet on the conversion).

Back