Needed: Half-shaft inner spider

andyleonard

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm doing half-shafts and the inner drive spider on one end is chewed some. Can anyone provide the spider or a bad half-shaft with a good end? Thanks.

andyleonard

Site Donor
Reaction score
Spider needed.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 94

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
deQ may be out of the country ... i get that shipping is more expensive. but nobody packs better than deQ ... and when he tells you that a part is in good shape ... its going to be exactly as advertized. i have received 2 packages from him ... both times i was extremely pleased.

andyleonard

Site Donor
Reaction score
deQ may be out of the country ... i get that shipping is more expensive. but nobody packs better than deQ ... and when he tells you that a part is in good shape ... its going to be exactly as advertized. i have received 2 packages from him ... both times i was extremely pleased.

Cool. But 28 Euros shipping for a part the size of a plum isn't my goal.

Yes, of course I have emailed the usual suspects.

But don't you have a dead half-shaft behind the bench?

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score

thank you scott
kind words
it is sound for andy to get the part locally, but at least he has an alternative, even if it is at the other side of the pond

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the only half shafts i have are on my car ... and they are going to stay there.

do the research with the usual suspects - you might find that the parts cost with shipping may be equivalent ... then it comes down to a time thing, which cali to cali is probably shorter. my point was, there isn't a much better person to deal with than deQ.

andyleonard

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

I can have a complete half-shaft across town for $50. I just thought someone might have a broken one to lose. If I buy a whole half-shaft and take one end off, I will be unable to throw the rest of it out and it will end up in one of my 2 ocean containers of parts I can't throw out and my wife will yell at me and I'll drink too much. So I don't want to buy a whole half-shaft...just the little tiny piece I need.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Andy,

buy the half shaft, take one end off and send me the other end ... and i'll split the cost with you and pay shipping. deal?

scott

andyleonard

Site Donor
Reaction score
Funny story. I went to PU the E9 half-shaft as promised and it was for the wrong model BMW. However, they had a CV joint on the bench "from a Porsche" that belonged to no one, so I took that home , pulled it apart and the spider and balls are identical to the E9, even though the body (black part) was at least 1/4" narrower. Mic'd everything, put it all together and it's perfect.

FYI.