Negative camber plates fixed or adjustable?

steve

Reaction score
I'm wondering what opinions you guys have on camber plates? I know there are fixed ones and adjustable. I have a fixed set in my car now (dont know where they came from). And I am getting way to much wear on the outside edge.

So looking to correct this is the k-mac adjustable a good option? Or is anybody running a fixed set with good results?

You say you are getting wear on the outside of the tyre?
With the negitive camber that the plates "should" provide you should be getting more wear on the inside edge of the tyre.
If you are getting out side tyre wear with neg camber I would suggest you get a wheel alingment to check out whats going on, your toe alingment may be out

Okay I'm embarrassed! But yes it is on the outside. And my front outsides are waisted after 3k... Giving they are soft high performance tires but I expect more life than that. These look like I have ran them on the track! But in reality I havent pushed them hard at all.

Agree with Kasbatts more than likely the tracking is badly out.
No known damage to track rods, steering linkages etc?

The only other thing I can think of that can cause problems like this are.

1... Under inflated tyres (pressure too low)
2... Worn shock absorbers/strut inserts
3... Wrong springs, car sitting too high on it's suspension
4... Broken spring
5... Worn and or siezed strut top mount bearings
6... Strut top mount rubber perished, unbonded etc
7... Something loose!
and finally

Hurtling into corners real fast!

Malc

Well my last set of tires were abused. Lots of hard driving and a track day. So I chalked it up to normal wear and tear. But since I've put the new set on my driving has been pretty tame. Almost all city driving.

All the parts you listed malc are new. Execpt for the springs but they are not worn. Also I had an alingment done after replacing all the mentioned parts not that long ago. Maybe they missed something?

If the traking were that out of whack wouldnt I be noticing it while driving? It tracks straight as an arrow while driving it.

Steve,
There isn't much adjustment except for toe in and out. I would suggest as a first step if you can find a competent place get the castor and camber checked as well as the toe in and toe out (tracking) that way you can see if it's within the factory specs, (I have them if you need them)

If as you say all the afore mentioned parts are new, it was put together properly (no insult intended)???

Finally are you running low profile tyres, bigger tyres or none specific rims etc as that can have an effect

Malc

Actually, uh...........Steve, I don't know how to tell you this, but what you didn't see during my drive up Old Santa Cruz highway that day was me pushing the front and sliding the rear at 100MPH through all those corners..............sorry dude, I guess I owe you a new set of shoes. = )

Dam!!! I knew there was a reason. Maybe we could just trade! CS to CSL is just like a pair of tires difference! :lol:

Nothing out of the ordinary on the tires er... I mean tyres malc. Staggered 16 alpinas.

Im just going to take it to the tire shop and have them check. Gotta buy 2 new fronts anyway.

Back