Negative Camber Recommendations for lowering springs

boonies

Aka Lance
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am going for an alignment tomorrow and was reading here about the topics of rolling fenders and/or adding negative camber. I have installed lowering springs and camber plates and am running BBS 14" wheels (sorry I don't know the offset) and have heard a little bit of contact already so I know that I will need to do one or both.

I noted in the post below where @adawil2002 is running -1 degree on both sides & @CTD was running -5 degrees (i presume on both sides). Have either of you experienced any abnormal tire wear? Any others here running negative camber greater than spec?

IMG_0619.JPG
IMG_0618.JPG
IMG_0617.JPG
IMG_0616.JPG

If you have already heard contact with your setup, I recommend you roll your fenders before you drive your car any more. If your tire catches the lip on the inside of the fender in a turn, which even a very small bump in the road can cause, it can tear your fender.

I'm running Carl Nelson camber plates in my car, which add 1/2 degree of negative camber. Andrew added adjustable camber plates to his car because Mario at VSR couldn't get the camber dialed in side to side. So he didn't go adjustable to get more negative camber, although that may be where he ended up. I've seen increased inside tire wear at -1/2 degree; I suspect negative 5 would go through tires in a hurry.

@Ohmess, correct.

Driving to Monterey in 2016 with fixed camber plates & visiting National Parks on the way home we drove 9,600 miles. Chris Langsten noticed the passenger front tire was down to the steel on the outer edge then solved the tire wear with KMacs. These cars, while on built on a production were 30,000 were still hand built. While 2002 production was 800,000.

When I put on the ET11 16x7 BBS RS001s, the fenders had not been rolled yet. The 90° fender lip shredded the side wall like spaghetti going through construction in Massachusetts that flapped against the fenders leaving black marks on the paint. Had VSR roll the fenders & bought 2 new tires.

Back