New classic car club website

Dave B

Reaction score
Hi group,

I have just landed the job of updating our car club website.
www.taysideclassiccarclub.co.uk

Lots of old British classics, and very little BMW content.

Would appreciate any comments / suggestions. Please be gentle with me and bear in mind that this is my first ever website! :oops:

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Nice looking website.

One small suggestion: put a note on the Member's Cars so viewers will click on the photos to see all the other pictures.

I like your gas tank; is it larger capacity than original?

Dave B

Reaction score
My site

Hi guys, thanks for your feedback.

Roland - I am in the group photo in fornt of the E-type jag. Think I was 2 or third from the left side. Short hair, white tee shirt...

Bill - thanks for suggestion. I will put a line in telling folk to click on the thumbails or text to go to individual pages.

My tank was slightly larger capacity than standard, just because the rounded edges have been squared off. I dont know how much larger the capacity is though. It was done that way as it was easier to fabricate.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Re: My site

Dave B said:
My tank was slightly larger capacity than standard, just because the rounded edges have been squared off. I dont know how much larger the capacity is though. It was done that way as it was easier to fabricate.

BMW parts are getting so expensive that it is going to be cost effective to make stuff if one isn't committed to total originality.

Dave B

Reaction score
Bill,

Agree 100%. To me a tank is a tank is a tank. It's hung underneath out of the way and only the real purist could / would be offended. Me - not fussed. I tried to get the original one. I couldn't find one at the time. The stainless steel option came up - 25 year guarantee, for similar money. Sold!