New Coupe on Ebay / what doesn't fit in this picture?

C'mon Paul, you're just jealous that some tinsmith in Kuwait beat you to it. You should see the back of his E12....

Maybe I can buy an e12 clip cheaper than an e9 clip!

Is this the solution to my poor tail lamp fit?

Alex

1970 2800 cs
1975 2002
1984 733i

that car was on Ebay about a month ago....

I called the guy about it. From what he said, the trunk was pretty well butchered when the body man attached the E12 rear quarters. He claims the car runs well and won't let the car go for under $5K. The last time it was on, the winning bid was $3600 but the winning bidder back out.

This car gets around.

I'm pretty sure this car was in the Washington DC area back in the 80s; perhaps that was where the seller purchased it. If so, he put a lot into the car since the one I remember was pretty ratty. The only thing I remember that it had going for it was the desert past history.

sick feeling in the pit of the stomach

I like the sales job...

"somebody ALWAYS gets shut out at the end. If you are that somebody(and we've ALL been that somebody at least once!)You will have that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. Don't let this one get away..."

I've felt that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach before. That was after I bought a car and properly looked at it.

AGAIN!

Are you kidding me this thing was on Ebay about a month ago, no reserve with a winning bid. Gee, I wonder what happened?

When I talked to the guy....

he wouldn't elaborate on why the original Ebay winning bid feel through. What he did say was that he was happy it didn't work out because he "didn't want to give the car away". i'm kinda surprised its back on Ebay so soon. He seemed pretty adamant about not letting it go for less than $5K. He apparently has a English car restoration business and, if worse came to worse, would store the E9 if he had to.

This thread reminds me one of my favorite old radio show bits called "berate the bride" where people would call in and talk about wedding photos in the paper....

My favor things about this car are:

- The "M" badge is pretty special
- The "little" rust bubbles that are bigger than my palm
- What happened to the gas pedal? Maybe it drives like a tractor with brake, clutch and, a fixed engine speed set on steering column

You should see the back of his E12....

Great comment! ... the seller could surely get more than twice as much by selling a book-matched pair!

If anyone knows the Kuwaiti mechanic I'd love to have him look at my '85 Nissan truck - may a cross with a Fiat Cinquecento ...

Back