New Coupe Owner

TravL350

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Travis Lintner, I have been reading the boards for a while now but this is my first post. The Coupe has been one of my favorite cars for a long time, and I just bought a '72 CS locally here in NC about a week ago. It has found a good home after some neglect in recent years.

The car was repainted in the 80s and is not an original color; it is currently a metallic blue-green. Originally it was Malaga which I intend to bring back. It runs well but does have some of the typical rust issues (A-pillar base, floor pans). I am thrilled and honored to have found the car and I'm sure I will be posting quite a bit asking for advice over the next several years to come. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself, and welcome your comments.

Thanks,
-Travis

Attachments

• CIMG0879.jpg
    CIMG0879.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_3806.jpg
    IMG_3806.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3870.jpg
    IMG_3870.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 150
Welcome to coupe ownership! What part of Carolina are you in? I was in Camp Lejeune (Jacksonville) up until last May. NC is a good place to own a coupe, lots of reasonably priced shops that can maintain or bring back your coupe.

welcome

it looks good !
i understand that the devil is in the details, and i assume you will have a lot of work to do, but, that is coupeing !
now if you allow me to give you an advise: one of the key aspects that determines at a glance if a car is an old car or a classic car is the front lights !, so change those old looking front round hella´s a.s.a.p.
welcome, make yourself at home !:-D

Thanks guys! I am located in Winston-Salem. We've been here for about 6 months now and we're loving it. I'm definitely looking for recommendations on a good local shop if anyone knows one in this area.

deQuincey - thanks for the advice and the welcome! I will definitely look into that & would appreciate anyone's advice on where to start.

-Travis

Change the Hellas to what? What's the difference I am missing?

change the hellas to new hellas, of course !

maybe in the pic is not clear that the headlamps are damaged or old, (because it is a strong contrast in the light between the front and the rear part of the car), so that might be my mistake, but if it is the case, my recomendation was to renew the headlamps as they are such an important part of the car´s aesthetics

don´t you think so ?

Back