new front glass

steve in reno

Reaction score
OK, it's time to replace my front windshield and trim. I have been waiting years for this moment and with the groups help, my life will be easier.
I have new trim front and rear, bought many years ago intending on this project. I am not doing the glass work!
I also want to pull off my wood dash and refinish to match rest of interior wood.
After glass removal there are 3 screws on the front of dash. Will they get me started in the right direction?
How much of my dash do I need to disassemble? I am well versed in interior removal, but not dash. I did all of my leather last year.
I have read the cs registry info, but I don't want to start from the begining if not necessary.
Windows have been out before and no worm damage existed, none expected now.
I have the time now to complete this project, since there is no work to be had in construction/plumbing.
I ordered new seals for both windows today from Carl. Once I get enough info I'll have windows taken out, and begin my task.
I promise to take pic's and post!
TIA
steve in reno

steve in reno

Reaction score
No replies, but removal is complete. There was no easy way to do it.
Need to be 12 years old or a very good contortionsist.
steve

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
dash removal

I must have missed your first post.

I've been thiking about removing my dash as well, since I'll be taking out the windshield to paint my car.

What is it that you finished?
Dash removal or windshield?

I'd love to hear some feedback about how much time was involved (and related tips/tricks, etc) on either procedure.

steve in reno

Reaction score
I had the front and rear windshield removed by the pro's.
I took approx 7 hour to remove the dash and assorted interior related parts.
The write up on the registry site was very useful.
The one change I would make to the post is the use of a small pry bar, 1" wide x 6" long, to remove the top dash pad. It make more sense and worked great. It mounts by being pushed down, easy to pop up.
All apart and no damage to defrost flanges(NLA). Flanges are mounted with a spring lock on one end of the flange, but can be slid to one side after removing duct piping.
You will see. Take your time. You will be laying on your back for a fair amount of time.
Be prepared to curse Hans, the designer.
Clock rebuilt to quartz while you are there?
Dash repair? Wood repair?
To busy to take pic's, except for wiring.
steve