New Guy

waddyf

Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Waddy, and I'm an old 2002 guy. I sold it last year on Ebay.

I've always wanted an E9: 3.0CS or 2800CS.

What are the best years, prices, parts suppliers?

Any help is appreciated.

All the best...

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Welcome!
What are the best years, prices, parts suppliers?
Be careful with this crowd, we've got lots of opinions. Let me throw in my two cents for the "best years" question. I personally like anything before '73 because of the 5mph bumper law that came into effect. I also personally prefer the CS over the CSi but only because I can tune the carbs without a machine.

Whatever you do don't ask what color is best! I think the only thing close to a consensus you'll get is that beige is not a good color for the dash. :roll:

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
What Coupe is best to own--good question

I can attest that a relentlessly maintained 1970 2800 CS will last over 38 years as of October 1st--and now with over 400,000 miles--the BLUMAX has now crossed 408,000 and is still going strong while still eliciting compliments as to his cosmetic appearance from strangers and enthusiasts alike--all CS's are capable of that when treated as well!!

I echo JJ's comment as to 1972 and earlier models--to avoid the "bumper growth" cosmetic issue that our fine Department of Transportation deemed was needed for minimizing damage back then--which turned out to be a bad decision and an experiment that resulted in ugly compliance efforts by all the German and English car makers--certainly for being less desirable as to their appearance.