New here - from Hamburg in Germany

M6_1988

Reaction score
Hi guys and BMW friends.
I'ld like to introduce myself, since I just got the 'go' from the forum.

My name is detlef and I'm from a city close to Hamburg. I'Äve lived in San Francisco (Art school) from 1988-1991.

I've been driving BMW since 1979 - guess what - yes I'm almost 49 years old now.
First one was a 1502...should have kept it. After that a 320/6 E21 1980, then a 320i E30, then in January 1992, a 325i Touring in diamant-schwarz with black sport leather interior (still with me - and will stay with me...). The 325iT. has approx. 240 miles today - first engine, recently slightly rebuilt.

In 2004 I got a family car for the wife and two boys, a E39 525i Touring in orientblue. This spring I've bought a beautiful 635CSi 1989 in cirrusblue with indigo blue leather 5 speed, I sold it back to where it's from - to Bavaria.

I came back from trip to the US last Thursday to buy a 1988 M6 in black/grey, which will be shipped to me soon.

Now, three weeks ago, I've met my best friend from elementary school after 30 years....
He bought a Z8 in September and would like to get an M1 and an E9, preferred is a 4/5 speed 3.0 CSI in top condition.

So I'm helping him with the search in th US and in Germany, because he is very busy with his job.
If anyone wants to sell a very good car for a reasonable price, please contact me. My friend is not looking for a car that needs to be restored - all that would have to done before with previous owners. No rust or any other major issues. He would also consider an E9 with an M88 engine as well - just like the one that's on ebay these days.

Btw. it's also my dream since years to get a 3.0CSI.

Best wishes from Germany to all of you for the holidays.

Detlef

I added a few pics of my cars, sorry don't find pics of the old ones. The E39 is nothing special - so no pics.

Attachments

• the_mission_district.jpg
    the_mission_district.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2854.JPG
    IMG_2854.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 199
  • 325iT.jpg
    325iT.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_3888.jpg
    IMG_3888.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 181

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome Detlef!
I also started with a 1502 and all I have left is pictures and great memories.

I am glad to see from your journey that Art School pays, as my daughter is on that path.

Will keep our eyes open for that CSi your friend wants (another artist perchance?)

M6_1988

Reaction score
Hi Arde, Thanks for your warm welcome.
Well, Art School - a difficult issue today. Most private schools are struggeling to make it financially during the resession, also my old scholl in SF.

Yes, I hope I find a car in the US - it will take some time, I'm sure.

M6_1988

Reaction score
I live about 20 miles south of Hamburg after living in HH for 9 years. Yes, I think Hamburg is the most beautiful and best city in Germany, especially id you don't like Berlin.

bimmerbros

Reaction score
Two CSi possibilities AND an M6 and.....

Hello Detlef,
Welcome to the E9 coupe forum. My name is Evan here in San Mateo, California. I recently regrettably sold my rare golf yellow CS to a fellow in Baltimore. I do ALSO have available a lovingly restored 1972 3.0CSi in "lauren baikal" blue. You can see link here: http://picasaweb.google.com/evanesterman/1972BMW30CSI04#
In addition I have a quite nice, slightly customized chamonix white CSi. photos here: http://picasaweb.google.com/evanesterman/1973BMW30CSi#

I have available a very nice 1988 M6 along with several other cars at this link: http://picasaweb.google.com/evanesterman

AND.........I too graduated from art school with a bfa in industrial design from Massachusetts College of Art in Boston back in 1983. Currently I am combining my art background with my decades long passion for the Bimmers and have completed two "Art cars" with many more on the drawing boards. Take a peek at these two links: http://picasaweb.google.com/evanesterman/1984BMW733i# and http://picasaweb.google.com/evanesterman/1987BMW535is#

Feel free to email me at [email protected] or call me at 650-307-2251.
And...happy "holiday" motoring!

Evan

budge96

Reaction score
CSI for sale/trade

Wow Bimmerbros those two CSi's look great! What pretell are you looking
to sell the artic blau model?Love it! Bert

bimmerbros

Reaction score
The Lauren "Baikal" Blue 3.0CSi.........

.... was sold by me to a friend who lovingly restored/upgraded it with all the best parts. An absolutely fabulous, quiet, smooth and tight example. It is offered at $38,500.
Feel free to phone me at 650-307-2251.

budge96

Reaction score
New here..

Evan thanks for the info will have to contact you ..if nothing else to find out
what other goodies are on the blue CSi! breathtaking car..
I've just purchased a 74 Euro CS in metallic grey with 5spd a/c ,sr from a
poster living in central coast cali ,considering a 3.8 91 M5 convo have the
engine/trans ready to go...thanks Bert:mrgreen:

M6_1988

Reaction score
Hallo Detlef and welcome!

I am currently looking to purchase a CSi from a reputable source...
I have an Alpina modified e24 that's possible worth some trade value?

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/JRanmann/?action=view&current=6c1080c0.pbw

let me know before I commit to someone else if this vehicle has interest with or without the RS BBS wheels...?

Cheers!

Ran

Hi Ran,

Thank you. No, I'm not interested in any E24 prior to 1988 except EURO models. I just bought an M6 in the US two weeks ago. The BBS are good, but it might be to much to send them over to Germany, what's do you ask for?

Happy new year 2010

Detlef