NEW in box 1974 BMW Fog light guards

STLE9

Reaction score
Perhaps these will spruce up the front end of a '74 US car. In its original box with instructions a pair of fog light (under bumper) guards. $575 shipped in US.

Attachments

• DSC_0202.jpg
    DSC_0202.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC_0199.jpg
    DSC_0199.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC_0200.jpg
    DSC_0200.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 128

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
$575 for a pair of headlight brackets??? you're kidding - right? there were tons of these on 320i, etc. sure you don't have the decimal in the wrong place. if they came with the fog or driving lamps - i might see it.

best of luck ...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the first thing to consider is that only coupe owners with big '74+ usa bumpers would even want said brackets ... or '74+ 2002, 320i, 530i+. most of the latter would not pay much for them. don't think any coupe owner with small bumpers would let them get anywhere near their coupe (holes in the bumper). so my point isn't how rare they might, or might not be ... its the question of how desirable they would be ... and that will set the price. and most of the latter group will just buy something new and much less expensive.

good luck -
scott

execmalibu

Reaction score
RSPORSCHE is probably correct...

I think on these that Scott is probably correct because they are for 74 and later and not a hot ticket/super desirable option...

Has anyone looked to see if they are still available from BMW?

My experience with E9s and the E9 parts is that in most cases this stuff Ain't worth all that much... At least not yet.

Vintage NOS or rare parts for Porsche, Ferrari, Mercedes, etc is a whole different story! They get insane ( and I do mean INSANE) prices for rare parts!

For example,
Recently there was a set of Alloy CSL doors and Alloy hood hinges offered and they sold ridiculously cheap, like around $380 per door... I personally sold a used alloy rear engine lid for a 73 Porsche 911 for $3,800... Used Porsche 911ST Alloy doors for a 911 would be worth $10,000-$15,000.

But apparently ultra rare BMW parts like Alloy CSL doors are worth sh!t... Why is that?

Last edited:

tmason

Reaction score
Good take Exec! Maybe we should collect CSL parts and drive the price up?

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
out to lunch

this is a friendly members site
why are you trying to rip people off
they are worth maybe 60.
get it together guy