New Look for the Summer

tmason

Reaction score
The Forum has been a little slow with things being ripped up so I figure I'll get the Summer started!New Fog lamps and some Yellow spray tint on a pair of cheap GE. Thanks for looking,Tim

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 312

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How will the law feel about those lights? Here in Louisiana they're technically illegal to even have mounted (unless you have friends in low places) :razz:

74EuroE9

Reaction score
Less is more

It's been said that in taste there is no arguing, but this rolling sculpture has been reduced to a 635 wannabe. I've always loved the E9 precisely for its lack of adornment and exquisite restraint. A handful of simple lines enhanced by just the right amount of lipstick and jewelry. At what point did clutter and ostentation become aestetically pleasing? Why not have it over with and add another pair of fog lamps and maybe some RAF badges on a polished grille bar. Would you suggest remodeling a Michelangelo sculpture?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yikes, that's a little harsh. Tim uses his coupe for everything, roof racks and all I believe. Not to my tastes but to each his own and they would look better without the covers.

Chris

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
It's been said that in taste there is no arguing, but this rolling sculpture has been reduced to a 635 wannabe. I've always loved the E9 precisely for its lack of adornment and exquisite restraint. A handful of simple lines enhanced by just the right amount of lipstick and jewelry. At what point did clutter and ostentation become aestetically pleasing? Why not have it over with and add another pair of fog lamps and maybe some RAF badges on a polished grille bar. Would you suggest remodeling a Michelangelo sculpture?

Do your thing Tim...

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
In Tim's defense, unlike in LA where the streets are mostly straight and well-lit, much of the rest of the country has curves, trees and other obstacles to good lighting. It is quite possible that in driving around the wooded mountains in the Reno area, he has found the need for additional lighting.

Nash

Reaction score
Looks fun to me

Just a thought, but doesn't the E9 allow for all kinds of taste.

I'm a purist, but some upgrades have a style of their own and can look really good.

As long as somebody is looking after an E9 and they enjoy it, I'm happy.

If I saw your car Tim, I am guessing it would look like a car you enjoy:) and there cant be much wrong with that.

Happy motoring

tmason

Reaction score
Thanks for the input and I know our cars and owners have different taste.Things on my car are not for everyone but I have modified the roof racks to sit lower on the roof as well as the custom mud flaps that mount tight to the car and look good riding behind my Alpina's.
Thanks again and no problem with being to forward with your comments.
I know one thing I do get the attention rolling up to the stop lights so if nothing else people are looking to see what it is!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Rally look! I like the lights, not the spoiler.
- What is illegal here is painting the license plate over
- So much light is probably needed if you drive the car with cover on as shown