new member, 2 x CSA, 1 x restoration...

moonhead

Reaction score
Hi guys, my name's Gareth and this is my first post.
I've loved the CS for ages, but haven't had anywhere to do the resto work, but now I have moved house, I've bought 2 CSA's and away I go! In addition to the cars, the maroon car had a treasure trove of parts in the boot, as you can see in the photos.

Now I've gotta decide which one to restore and which one to part out or partially strip/sell. The maroon car is significantly worse (generally) than the silver one, although who could say no to a red leather interior?!
Not me, for sure!

My plan is this: swap the interiors (the dark blue veloure interior from the silver car is immaculate, but nowhere near as cool), swap
the doors (although most of the maroon car is somewhat cruddy,
the doors are in way better condition than the silver one, as seen in the pics.

The pics are at:
http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp28/moonhead_csa/

Would someone be so kind as to head over there and make sure the album's working properly? Thanks!

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Which one to chose?

Hi Gareth:

The photo link works fine. I'm sure you have the makings of a great project between the two donors. Red leather looks great with polaris silver. That's what I have in mine.

Doug

manj763

Reaction score
parts needed

hi looking for bonnet stay bar and all hinges attatched to front ,also good chrome work needed please help
lotus cortina mk2 rally
mk2 cortina savage

manj763

Reaction score
parts needed

hi looking for bonnet stay bar and all hinges attatched to front ,also good chrome work needed please help
lotus cortina mk2 rally
mk2 cortina savage

gazzol

Reaction score
Hi Gareth good luck with whichever car you choose to restore. The only advice I can offer is to have a very good look at both cars, spend a lot of time poking at them with something pointed don't be scared of making holes in either car cos if you can make a hole in the steel then it needed replacing any way.
Where abouts in the UK do you live?

gazzol

Reaction score
Hi Gareth good luck with whichever car you choose to restore. The only advice I can offer is to have a very good look at both cars, spend a lot of time poking at them with something pointed don't be scared of making holes in either car cos if you can make a hole in the steel then it needed replacing any way.
Where abouts in the UK do you live?