New Member and Hello

Manish Kumar

Reaction score
Hello there,

I am relatively new to this forum and thought I'd shout out a hello.

I have always loved the E9 and last year decided the I'd like to embark on a project myself.

I've been looking for an E9 for a little while now and am a little scared to commit myself to ownership, however, have decided I need to do it now or it will never happen.

Please can you point me in the right direction on where to look and what kind of project I can get my hands on for around £10K.

How do I verify chassis numbers and if the engine etc are matching.

There are 2 on ebay at the moment, £16k and £18k but non runners, I am stuck comparing to one I saw late last year for £17k which was running and had an MOT.

Any guidance on where I can look and what I need to look out for would be greatly appreciated.

Ideally I am looking for a RHD car.

Thanks in advance

MK

autowerks

Site Donor
Reaction score
RUST is the main issue, if you can find a none running car with little or no rust is a lot cheaper in the long run than a running car with a lot of rust

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks you
Manish, given your budget may I respectfully suggest you begin your love affair with 70s BMW with a 2002 or, my favorite sedan of all time, a Bavaria/2800/3.0si.
I have owned four "Bavarias" in various states of running and parts status. Some feel they are better balanced than our coupes. And recently I looked quite seriously at an incredible 2800 Sedan on ebay, color Nevada, that was in pristine condition. Sold for $21,900. The new owner has to do NOTHING to the car. Really tempting.

As for 2002s, the tii is the one to own. Getting expensive here in the states, good but not great originals going for $25-30,000. My first BMW was a 1971 1600 I bought new, my first new car ever, for $3,000. the price of a well-equipped Chevrolet Impala. But Light Years better in all respects.

Just a thought.

Steve