New member from distand Mykonos

georgios

Reaction score
Greedings to all members here.My name is george and i am contacting srom a small island in Greece.Mykonos.I entered the foroum cause i am in the process of buying one E9.It is a 3.0 cs i think from 1972 and as i can understand from the VIN numbers it is from the "169 CSLs details" i don't know if this mean something as in value because i wasn't so much of a BMW guy in fuct i didn't even know the existing of these cars untill i found this one.The point is that the car i think it is in a lousy or very bad shape.Untill know i have seen it only in pictures that one friend took for me from the car and it has and rust problems and also missing thinks from the interior plus one window.But i think that the deal i have ended up with the owner is fare for what the car is(700 euros) with all the legal documents for the car(registration).I would like to hear your opinion as for sure here you have a lot of knowledge of these cars!!thanks for your time..

georgios

Reaction score
thanks for the responce!i am still missing the last number of the VIN that is not showing good in pictures but i believe from the rest i can see it is from these cars.For sure i will register it the first moment the car cames in my hands.It is in the main land of greece so i have to go and transport it

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
look for the number that is on the back of the firewall - visible from the top, under the hood, on the passenger side. this is a number you want to be right. the VIN number exists in 3 places - on the steering column, on the top of the inner passenger fender and the back of the firewall. the one on the firewall is the most permanent.

be sure to read the sections on e9-driven about rust prone areas. also all of the specific VIN numbers for CSL