New member from Erie pa.

J J Kelly

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum be have all ready been show kindness by Gary from Toronto. As a very young man(15) a friend of mine had a 2002 followed by an E9 ...ok they were his fathers !!!! Anyway I feel in love with the car , without boring you all about the history of my life I always dreamed of having one.
After a false start with a guy on the west coast I learned my lesson .....pretty expensive education!!! In any case i met Peter, Eric (from Coupeking) and Don Lawrence, these guys did the best they could to help me get out of the mess i was in ; and for the next few years kept thier eyes open for the right car for me. I got the call several months ago and after a bit of thought bought my coupe from Coupeking. They did the restoration and Don did the finall tweaks to the engine..... These guys are gentlemen !!!! It is on a truck making its way to me after a complete restoration. It's a 74, some of the upgrades , 3.5 mega squirt , 5 speed tranny, euro bumpers, updated suspension, and stainless exhaust ....there's more but I don't want to bore everyone my first time posting. This is the first time I have ever participated in a forum so I ask your patience as I learn the proper etiquette for posting.
Anyway, very excited !!! I have 3 other bmw's but this is the one I am most excited about. As soon as I learn how I will post pics, ,I have a ton of them, the entire restoration, I'm just a computer moron and haven't figured it out yet!!!
So I thank you for having this site and I look forward to meeting some of you.
J Kelly
P.s. Gary, thanks for being my first contact !!!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds like a great E9 that came through the right hands. I have also met Gary. Very pleasant Fellow and Enthusiast. Like you, I had exposure to my Friend's Dad's E9 as a Youth.
Once you get the car you can post photos easily through a service like Photo Bucket. Just upload an image to them, then paste the IMG link in your message.

Last edited:

J J Kelly

Reaction score
Malaga.....

The answer is yes !!! I did buy it, I was going to go through the restoration process and and Peter, Eric and Don were willing to do it for me but shockingly my wife suggested that I go for it...something about not getting any younger and me talking about it for 30 years. I also had a very unsatifying experience with someone else which was how I ended up meeting Don and subsequently the guys at Coupeking.
The guys (Eric and Peter) found a white CS for me a few months ago that they described as a good "driver" that I could restore over the next couple of years, Don was even kind enough to offer to build another engine for me.... But the Malaga was to perfect to pass up. I also figured I'd spend more restoring it than they were willing to sell it to for, the rest will soon be history. I'm still waiting for delivery, it should be on it's way now. There was a minor problem with its brain, now replaced. I hope to have it before the Pittsburgh event, I want to get there for Sundays activities. And hopfully meet a few guys and chat about the cars.
Also, I will post the pictures as soon as it gets here, Eric sent a ton over the last few weeks, I am trying to learn how to put them on the site. With any luck one of my sons can show me tomorrow.Thanks for the tip about photo bucket, we will try that in the am.
It's great to meet fellow E9 fans....
JJ

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You lucky man ...
Wait til you see it in person.

ohio2800cs

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

Must be tough waiting for it's arrival.

I was at Coupeking's shop back in May and saw a beautful Malaga car.
Is this you car?

IMG_3511.jpg

IMG_3512.jpg

I'm also pretty new owner, got my E9 just a couple of months.
It's was a well cared for/maintained driver that I've been painting and
cleaning up little by little.

I'm also planning to bring her to the Pittsburgh VGP weather permitting.
Haven't been to one in over 10 years, is Sunday the better day to go rather than Saturday?

Hope you get your car in time and maybe I'll get the chance to see it (again, if indeed that was your car I saw).

Here's a picture of mine I took on July 4th.

A_0080.jpg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They are both outstanding coupes, glad they have found two caring owners who will exercise them and enjoy them. Congrats.

J J Kelly

Reaction score
Malaga

To Nicad, Stevehose,sfdon,Ohio2800cs, and hbchris,
Gentlemen, thank you very much !!!! And yes this is my new baby !!!
I just spoke to Peter and the car should by on it's way by Wednesday!!!
I am pumped !!!
What I like about these guys is as impatient as I may be they will not ship it until it passes their smell test, one little problem left and it should be done in a few days. Regarding the pittsburgh event, don't know what day is the best but my son has been there with his STI and his friends...he said it was great.
Please keep in mind that he is 24 !!! I can't get there until Sunday because of a golf tournament , my intention is to get up early Sunday and be there by 9.
If my coupe isn't here I'm blessed to have other BMW's to drive.
Ohio, your car is gorgeous !!! The only thing that could make it look better is having it in a group pic with other e9's.
Guys, I have to say that I have a great life but this group of people I have met thus far has been better than I could have expected....thanks for the warm welcome, I look forward to meeting many of you in person !!!
Best regards,
JJ

J J Kelly

Reaction score
Malaga

Chris,
I'm still learning the site, just saw your car !!! Great looking girl you have there.
Love the color !!!
JJ

J J Kelly

Reaction score
J J Kelly

Steve, just saw yours too....wow !!! Great car !!! This is pretty cool.
For those of you who havent figured it out yet....my first forum !!!!
I need a little slack until I get used to seeing so many great cars
J J

gary bellamy

Reaction score
new member Erie Pa

Hi JJ I sent you a PM not sure if it went through. Please advise.

Gary